Friday, November 5

Post holiday funk . . . nope!

Sometimes after Halloween it takes me a bit to get the ol' creative juices flowing again, but not this year! Igor and I are already planning for next Hallowmas and hot damn if they aren't some awesome plans. I think we already have our costumes thought out *and* a whole lawn/house decorating scheme. Now, I wonder if there's any place to buy lawn gnomes in bulk . . .

More than just for next year, our post-Halloween discussions have opened up other creative vista thingys. For the first time in who knows how long I've written (and absolutely completed) a short story! Igor has sketched some ideas for paintings he wants to complete this winter and he will be providing illustrations for my story.

Also, this weekend I get going on my next belly dance costume. I have no idea what I'm going to do about a headdress, but the rest is going to be a piece of cake.

Along the lines of dancing costumes, I want to try and recover a few of my old bras to make some nice dancing tops. I can't find any tutorials on recovering bras, but I wouldn't mind achieving something like these two:

Found here


Found here

These next two bras give me all kinds of crazy ideas



And, of course, I love this one:

From here

But, if ever I become skilled enough, I'd love to attempt a version of this last bra

No comments:

Post a Comment