Sunday, February 20

It's been a while - but I have a good excuse!

Ok, so I've been MIA for how long now? Yeah, but I do have a really good excuse and I have been busy. In addition to starting to draw up solid plans for Halloween, I've recovered an entire bra, half re-covered another, completed the rest of an entire dancing costume, headdress and all - *and* danced in it!!!

Ta-da!

Better lit and more detailed pictures to come.

I already have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to do for a second dance costume, but still have to gather all the materials. I'm thinking lots of silvery, shininess. Oooooo-ahhhh!

Now, onto Halloween. I've made a list of everything I need for the costumes and hope to make an initial run to the secondhand stores to see what I can get. Both costumes will be pretty simple except for two parts: my mask and my tail. Have NO idea how to do the tail, but for the mask it'll most likely be paper mache and fake fur using good ol' balloon based construction.

I'm thinking something like this:


crossed with this for the mask

but using fake fur to make it into a full head mask.

Zombie squirrel here I come!

The posting here may be intermittent, but I am bursting with productivity like a salt baked slug in the summer sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment